cPay is a widely used payment provider in North Macedonia. cPay allows you as a merchant to receive credit and debit card payments quickly and easily by customers around the world. Enable this payment method in your CloudCart store to offer your customers the safety and convenience of cPay payment services.
Activation and Settings
The first thing you need to do is contact your bank and sign an agreement with them. Then the bank will contact cPay, and cPay will provide you with the necessary credentials to enable the integration of your CloudCart store with their service.
cPay works with the following banks:
- UNI Bank AD - Skopje
- Stopanska Banka AD - Skopje
- Komercijalna Banka AD - Skopje
Please note that in order to use this payment service, you must have a valid domain, an added SSL certificate, as well as have products uploaded to your site that meet the requirements of cPay. We also advise you to install the GDPR application.
1. To configure this payment method, go to your admin panel, Settings > Payments, and select cPay > Configure.
2. After entering the settings, first enter the name of the service (by default, it is cPay, you can add text or change it), and you can upload another logo for this service.
3. In the next section, Test mode, you will find a "Live Mode" button, which must remain off until you have completed all test payments. As soon as you activate the button, you will start accepting payments from all your customers who have chosen to use this payment method.
You can make test transactions with production cards with an amount less than 10 MKD.
4. In the Settings section, enter Merchant ID, Merchant name, and Merchant password you have received from cPay.
- Merchant ID - A unique identifier you should receive from cPay
- Merchant name - Your name in the cPay system
- Merchant password - Your password provided by cPay
5. Acceptance of payments based on the amount of the order - in this section you can set a minimum and maximum order amount at which this payment method is active and visible to the customers.
6. Discount when paying with cPay - you can give a discount (specific amount or a percentage to your customers to encourage them to use this payment method.
Card payments reduce the risk of returning or cancelling the order, which is common when the customer chooses cash on delivery upon receipt of the goods. In addition, the possibility of damage to the goods during transport must be taken into account, especially if you are selling higher-value products. Therefore, we recommend that you encourage your customers to choose card payments with a small discount.
Once you have filled in and saved the required information, you are ready to make your first test payments in your store.
Please note that if you edit / replace / add products that participate in already paid orders or change the applied discounts, this may lead to a discrepancy in the amounts.