The easiest way to launch your online store is to purchase your domain directly from your CloudCart control panel. This way all of the necessary settings will already be in place and you don't need to worry about doing any additional configurations. Also, the DNS settings of the domain will be accessible straight from your account so the support team can help you with any situation that may arise.
Registering a CloudCart domain name:
1. Go to your admin panel, from the menu choose Settings > Domains, click on the Buy new domain button in the upper right corner.2. Place your desired domain into the search field. Add the extension as well (.com .net .org etc).
Please note that different domains have different pricings, which are determined by the Domain Registry. Make sure you double-check the costs before finalizing the purchase, as some domains are considered premium and they can be worth up to several thousand dollars. If the domain you are looking for is not available, our system will recommend a similar one.
3. After choosing your desired domain name, click on "Buy this domain" and you will be taken to the last step of the transaction:
- Domain contact - from the Add button you must enter your personal data with which to register your domain.
- In the Invoice Details box, add the required billing information.
- From the Payment method field, add the card with which the payment will be made.
4. After entering the information in all fields, the system will redirect you to a new window where you can make a payment. Before confirming the payment from the Pay button, please review all the data you have entered.
5. After you make a successful payment, the domain will automatically appear in the Domains section, where you will be able to manage it. To do this, set this domain as the primary one from the "Set as primary" button.
The DNS (Domain Name System) is the zone through which all domain settings are being controlled. You can find more information about the process here.
All domain names bought from CloudCart are using the DNS settings of the company. This way your Website and Emails would be automatically connected to your new domain without the need for any additional configurations on your part.
First, log into your domain registry and create a CNAME record pointed to your official CloudCart domain, for example - [storename].cloudcart.net. The CNAME record is abbreviated to "Canonical Name" and is used when you need to point a subdomain to another domain or subdomain. The address to which the redirect is done is also called a canonical or real address. In addition to [store name].cloudcart.net you can create a CNAME record point to www. This way, no matter how the user types your domain in the browser with or without www, the page will open.
If you want to perform any DNS changes, please click on and you can add a new record from inside, as in the menu:
Please note that all DNS changes can take from 2 to 48 hours of propagation before becoming active.
After setting the purchased domain as the primary one, your store will be launched online within a few hours. However, you can start building your online store right away. Any changes will be saved correctly.
Important! Domains purchased from CloudCart are not automatically renewed. One month before their expiration date, a button for renewal will appear in the admin panel of your store in the "Domains" section, as well as a notification until when it is valid and that you need to renew it soon.
Additional information about the Domains and SSL can be found here. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.