CloudCart lets you apply your marketing skills and strategy by creating different types of Discounts. You can quickly create Promotional Discount Codes (Vouchers) for your customers who will shop even more with them. You can choose whether the discount is related to specific products, different categories, or the final amount of each order.
Adding a Discount with a promo code
This type of discount allows your customers to enter a code you have provided while finalizing their order and thus automatically see the price change. To create an order with a promo code follow these steps:
1. Go to the the section Marketing > Discounts > Add discount
2. Select Discount with promo code
3. Discount name - enter the name of the discount you are creating.
4. Click Generate code (the code that will be generated automatically is the one you need to provide to your customers)
5. At Discount type select the type of discount the customer will receive with the code you provide:
- Amount: This is the exact amount that will be deducted from the Discount Item you set. Write the exact value in the blank field.
- Percentage %: This is the exact percentage that will be deducted from the Discount Item you set.
- Free Shipping: This option will create free shipping to the Discount Item you set.
6. At Discount target select:
All discounts whose discount target is a product, product category, etc. are visualized as discounts on products.
- All orders - For each product in the cart: the discount with a promo code will apply to absolutely all products in your store.
- Orders over: the promo code will only apply to orders whose value is above the minimum amount you enter in the blank field.
- Product: the promo code will only apply to the products you select from the drop-down menu.
- Product category: you can select a specific category (one or more) from the drop-down menu. The promo code will apply to the products in the chosen categories.
Note that the discount will ONLY apply if the chosen category is main for the product (1st line).
- Product vendor: the promo code will apply to products from the chosen brands (vendors).
- Collection: the discount will apply to products from the selected collection(s).
- Collection vendor: A combination of the two above options.
7. Only registered users - if you enable this option, this means that only users that have registered in the store will be able to take advantage of the discount.
8. At Customer groups you can choose whether the discount is active for all customers or only for specific customer groups that you have created in your store.
9. At Regions you can choose for which countries and regions the Promo discount code will be active. You can choose Global if you want the code to be active for all countries and/or regions you serve. See our helper articles for working with geo zones and polygons.
10. At Date range you can choose the period during which the Promo code will be valid and applicable. It is mandatory to specify a start date by selecting it from the calendar. You have the option to specify an end date or leave the code with the status No expiration.**
- Apply discount even if the cart contains products with a discount - if you enable this option, you will be able to apply more than one discount at once, namely apply a discount with promo code to products in the cart that already have another discount applied to them.
- Apply to the base price of the products if the discount is higher - if you enable this option and the discount with promo code is higher than the other discounts active for the product, the discount with promo code will apply to the base price of the products.
Example: As you can see in the example below, the price of the product is reduced by 30% because of the applied Global discount:
After the customer enters the promo code you have provided him with when completing his order, the base price will be reduced by 50% because the promo code is of this value and gives a higher discount than the already applied Global Discount of 30%.
On the other hand, if the value of the promo code is less than 30%, it will not affect the price of the product.
11. At Discount limits you can choose the maximum number of times the code can be used. Write down the number or leave the Promo code of your discount with the status Unlimited.
12. Discount limit for customer - you can set the maximum number of times that the discount can be used by one user.
If a limit is set, a promo code is marked as used according to the status of the order. The statuses that mark a promo code as used are: Paid, Fulfilled, Completed. If the order is with different statuses there will not be a limit to the use of the promo code. See more about order statuses at discount section here.
13. Press "Add discount" to save the created Promo code and its settings.