Products are the core of your store. To be able to make them available to your customers you first need to add them to your store by using our store control panel. In this article, you would be able to learn how to manage the products in your store accordingly.
Creating a product
Go to your control panel, from the menu choose Products > click on Add product on the top right corner.
1. Once the new page opens please follow the exact steps below in order to create a product:1. Add the Title of your product in the input box on the left. Writing the product name will automatically fill the URL handle (the site address) on the right side of the screen.
2. Write a Description of your product so that your customers can have detailed text about it. The description text can be configured with styles, different fonts, different formats, etc.
3. Select a Category for your product from the list. A category will help your customers find what they are looking for faster.
4. Choose a Brand for your product from the list.
5. In Product Configuration, choose either Physical or Digital product. Selecting Physical will allow you to have stock and inventory management and access additional shipping options.
6. The following options are available for your product:
- Require Shipping (available only if you select Physical)
Changing this toggle to yes means the product item needs to be sent via mail and as such you need to include the weight of the product.
- Track Inventory
Changing this toggle to yes means you need to include the total number of items available to sell. The system will track sales of this product and maintain a tracking total of items available.
- Continue Selling
If set to yes your product will continue to be available for order even if the inventory tracking shows the product is not in stock anymore.
- Low Count Threshold
Is set to yes, the system will notify you via email when this product quantity has dropped below the specified number on the input box.
- Product Unit Measurement - this field will be visible after you install the Units app. Through it, you will be able to create different units of measurement for your products such as liter, milliliter, gram, and kilogram. See more here.
7. Fill in the product details:
Stock Keeping Unit – an Inventory Management tracking code for your specific product based on all attributes of the product (size, colour, material, etc.)
Specific code for your product, normally set by the producer and included on the package.
The number of available items to sell. This will only be available and used if you select the “Track Inventory” from the selections above.
The weight (in kilos or pounds) of each item, used to calculate shipping costs. This will only be available and used if you select “Require Shipping” from the selection above.
The price of each item of your product.
8. In the Files box, you can select a file to add to your product, such as a size chart or other.
9. In the Tags field, fill in the product tags. Tags allow you to associate your products with each other. This improves the demand and performance of the products in your store.
10. Add any SEO tag for this specific product page. These are words, terms added for Search Engine Optimization for this specific product. The SEO page title also controls the title of the page that will show in the browser tab/window.
11. Upload multimedia content to the product detail page
- Adding Images - You can add images by pressing the plus signal both on the top right corner or one of the available boxes. You can edit images (crop and rotate, change the title, or make a particular image the primary image) by pressing the top right button on each image box. Managing Images - you can select each image by check-marking the image by clicking the left lower corner of each image box. You can then delete or mark images as primary by using the Manage Images button.
- 360-degree image upload - 360-degree photos are a series of photos that, combined, show the product from all sides. To upload such a photo on the detailed page of a product, you need to have a series of photos taken specifically for this purpose. In the Product Photos box, select the icon to add 360-degree images.
- Uploading video content - uploading a video to the detailed page of a product is done by selecting the icon for adding video content. In the window that opens, add the code (link) to the video and click the Save button.
12. You can mark your product as NEW or SALE by using each toggle. This will control the new and sale tag/graphic/popover that will be displayed for each specific product on your storefront.
This product was recently added to your store and as such your customers can search or view them as newcomers to the store.
You are now discounting this product and as such your customers can search or view them as on sale in the store.
13. Publish your product to your store
- Save as Draft
This will allow you to continue editing your product details at a later stage without publishing the current content on your store.
- Publish Online – Now
This will make your product available in your online store immediately.
- Publish Online – Specific Date
Once you select “Specific Date” you will choose from a calendar the date and time for when you wish to publish your product on the storefront. It will then be automatically published without your intervention.
Here you can list your product as "Featured". You can use it as a way of attracting attention to a specific product. Typically used for products with higher priority or for promotional products.
As the name suggests, you can hide products, using this switch.