Products are the core of your online store. To make them available to your customers you first need to add them to your store using the store control panel. In this article, you will learn how to manage the products in your store.
Creating a product
Go to your control panel. From the menu, choose Products, and click on Add product in the top right corner.
Once the new page opens, follow the steps below to create a product:
1. Add the Title of your product in the input box on the left. Writing the product name will automatically fill the URL handle (the site address) on the right side of the screen. The system allows you to change this URL manually if necessary.
2. Write a Description of your product so that your customers can have detailed information about it. The description text field can be formatted - font size, font, format, etc. This information is useful for both the customers and the optimization of your website
3. Select a Category for your product from the list. A category will help your customers find the product they are looking for faster as well as for the overall structuring of the products in your store.
4. Choose a Brand for your product from the list.
5. In Product Configuration, choose either Physical or Digital product. Selecting Physical will allow you to have stock and inventory management and access additional shipping options.
- The digital product is uploaded as a file and the allowed extensions are: .gz, .gzip, .zip, .tar, .tar.gz, .tgz, .7z. Your customers will be able to download the file when they place their order both from their account and from the email they will receive after paying for the order.
When installing the Membership app, a new setting will appear in the menu - Type of digital product, which allows you to create not only digital products, but also to provide access to digital resources. To grant access to a specific digital resource, select the Pages option, then enter the page(s) to which the customer will have access when purchasing the specific product, and the number of days during which the access will be active.
6. The following options are available for your product:
- Require Shipping (available only if you select Physical)
Changing this toggle to yes means the product item needs to be sent via mail, courier or transport company and as such you need to include the weight of the product.,
- Track Inventory
Changing this toggle to yes means you need to include the total number of items available to sell. The system will track sales of this product and maintain a tracking total of items available.
- Continue Selling
If set to yes, your product will continue to be available for order even if the inventory tracking shows the product is not in stock anymore.
- Low Count Threshold
If set to yes, the system will notify you via email when this product quantity has dropped below the number specified in the input box.
- Product Unit Measurement - this field will be visible after you install the Units app. Through it, you will be able to create different units of measurement for your products, such as liter, milliliter, gram, and kilogram. See more here.
- Product Status - select the product status in stock and out of stock. See more about product statuses here.
7. Fill in the product details:
Stock Keeping Unit – an Inventory Management tracking code for your specific product based on all attributes of the product (size, color, material, etc.). Entering a SKU is not mandatory.
Specific code for your product, normally set by the producer and included on the package. Entering a barcode is not mandatory.
The number of available items to sell. This will only be available and used if you select the “Track Inventory” from the section above (described in point 6).
The weight (in kilos or pounds) of each item, used to calculate shipping costs. This will only be available and used if you select “Require Shipping” from the section above (described in point 6).
The price of each item of your product.
- Discount price - by filling in this field you have the opportunity to create a fixed discount directly when creating or editing a product. The name of the generated discount is Default Fixed Discount. The discount made in this way cannot be deactivated, its customer groups cannot be changed, and the "Date Range" section is hidden.
8. In the Files box, you can select one or more files to add to your product that your customers can access. You have the ability to upload a variety of files, such as a size chart, instructions, legal documents, warranties, and more.
9. In the Tags field, fill in the product tags. Tags allow you to associate your products with each other. This improves the search and presentation of the products in your store. See more on how to connect the products here.
10. In the Brand and model field you can choose multiple models related to the product.
11. Also you can add additional information such as width, length, and height of the product, if applicable.
12. Add any SEO tag for this specific product page. These are words, terms added for Search Engine Optimization for this specific product. The SEO page title also controls the title of the page that will show in the browser tab/window.
13. Upload multimedia content to the product detail page
- Adding Images - You can add images by pressing the plus sign both in the top right corner or one of the available boxes. You can edit images (crop and rotate, change the title, or make a particular image the primary image) by pressing the top right button on each image box. Managing Images - you can select each image by check-marking the image by clicking the left lower corner of each image box. You can then delete or mark images as primary by using the Manage Images button.
- 360-degree image upload - 360-degree photos are a series of photos that, combined, show the product from all sides. To upload such a photo on the detailed page of a product, you need to have a series of photos taken specifically for this purpose. In the Product Photos box, select the icon to add 360-degree images.
- Uploading video content - uploading a video to the detailed page of a product is done by selecting the icon for adding video content. In the window that opens, add the code (link) to the video and click the Save button.
14. Linked Products - through this functionality, you can select products to e linked with this (main) product. They will be visualized in the product detail page. These can be products from the same series, collection, or products that go well with each other and that you want your customers to see and buy.
If you turn on the "two-way link" setting, it means that automatically the current product (the main one) will be linked to the selected product(s) and displayed on its detail page.
The "Linked Products" visualization is controlled from menu My Store -> Widgets, tab Products -> Linked Products. See more here.
15. You can mark your product as FEATURED or NEW using each toggle next to the statuses. This controls the information visible in your store for each product.
You can mark your product with this status when you have recently added it to your store. When your customers filter their search according to New products in the result, all products with this status will appear.
Here you can list your product as "Featured." You can use it to attract attention to a specific product. Typically used for products with higher priority or promotional products.
16. Publish your product to your store
- Save as Draft
This will allow you to continue editing your product details at a later stage without publishing the current content on your store.
- Publish Online – Now
This will make your product available in your online store immediately.
- Publish Online – Specific Date
Once you select “Specific Date,” you will choose from a calendar the date and time for when you wish to publish your product on the storefront. It will then be automatically published without your intervention.
Below you can find Help articles for managing your products: