In this article, you will find all the information on how to set up the billing of your store and what is needed to issue a credit note. We recommend that you pay special attention when you enter your company details.
- Invoice information
- Company information
- Credit Note Information
- Template for printing order's invoice
- Template for printing packing slip
- Template for printing a credit notice
Log into your admin panel, from the menu choose
1. You can choose whether to enable Activate Invoicing from the On /Off button.
2. Issue an invoice only if a billing address is selected - Self-explanatory option, which you can choose to enable/disable in accordance with your needs.
3. Invoice number padding - This option determines how many digits would be filled with the number 0. The default is 10.
- If the invoice is number 1, 9 zeros will be automatically added.
- If the invoice number is 123 and you have filled in 10, then the number will look like this: 0000000123.
- If you set fill 5 and the number is 123456, then the number will look like this: 123456, even if the invoice number is larger than the preset fill number, it will be displayed in full.
4. Invoice number prefix - This is the invoice number respectively.
- If the invoice number is 123 and created in 2019, and you set the [OY] prefix, then the number will look like this: 2019-123.
5. Invoice number suffix - This is the opposite of the Prefix, the number with which the invoice ends.
- If the invoice number is 123 and was created in 2019 and you set a suffix - [OY], then the number will look like this: 123-2019.
In the following fields, enter all your business information:
Credit Note Information
If you have activated invoicing in your store, you will be able to issue credit notes if necessary. In cases where you have a canceled or returned order, which has already been paid, you need to issue a credit note.
Without invoicing you will not be able to create credit notes. If the second option 'Issue an invoice only if a billing address is selected' in the Store address section is turned off, this means that every order will be generated with an invoice and you will be able to create a credit note for each order in case there is an order which has been canceled or refunded.
- Invoice number padding - this setting tells the system how many digits a credit note should have. Each credit note has unique credit numbers that differ from those on the invoice, although the two are related. Ex. if the credit memo number is 123 and you have set a fill of 10 digits, then the credit note number would look like this 0000000123
- Method of payment by CN - it specifies what payment method you will use to return the money. If you choose ‘Do not change the payment method’, the payment method that was originally used for the purchase will be used for returning the money. If you select a different payment method, for example, Bank Wire Transfer, each credit note by default will be generated with a Bank Wire Transfer payment method. Тhe drop-down menu will display all the payment methods you have activated in your store. This setting cannot be changed on each credit note individually.
You will find more information about credit notes here.
Template for printing order's invoice
In the following fields, you can create your own templates for invoices, packing slips, and credit notes by using the variables or using the existing ones.
Template for printing packing slip
Template for printing a credit notice
In the section, you don’t need to create a template yourself because the software comes with a default one for the PDF. But if you want to make some changes to the PDF file, its structure, or add some other things, the variables in the legend are available to you and CSS classes that you can use to customize your credit note. There is also a template that you can download, edit, and add below the CSS classes.
Once you have successfully activated invoicing, you can read more about Managing orders' invoices here.