In certain occasions, you might need to import several customers to your store without having to create them one-by-one. We allow you to use a Comma-Separated-Value file (CVS) to import a multitude of customers. CSV file stores tabular data (numbers and text) in plain-text. Plain text means that the file is interpreted a sequence of characters so that it is human-readable with a standard text editor. Each line of the file is a data record.
Importing several customers from a CSV
With an import you can easily migrate your store from another provider to our service, trying to maintain as much information about your customers as possible.
Importing customers to our store implies a three-step process:
- Uploading a CSV file to your store
- Making sure the CSV contains the information you need
- Mapping the information of the CSV to your store
Uploading a CSV File to your Store
1. Use the Import button at Customers.2. From the new “Import customer from CSV” window upload your file and select it’s parameters:
- Select File
This allows you to select which file to import. This file should be located on your computer
- Header Line
Set this toggle to on if your CSV file contains the field names on its first line/row.
Chose from which line to start importing.
- CSV Template
This allows you to download an example CSV file in order for you to confirm a working import.
Making sure the CSV contains the information you need
Example fields that the file should include:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Full Name
- Accepts Marketing
- Phone number
You can grab an example Customer Import CSV file here.
Mapping the information of the CSV to your store
After uploading a new file to import into CloudCart, you will want to match your incoming data with the correct fields inside the customer management area.
On the mapping screen “Import customer from CSV” you will be able to match each value (column or field inside your CSV file) to a specific field inside our customer listing.
You can control what gets migrated by changing its parameters:
- Import all customers with this group
- This will upload all import data into a specific group.
- Import all customers with this region
- This will upload all import data into a specific region.