Pop-up form conditions and settings are an important part of creating and using forms, as this can set the conditions under which a form is shown to the customer and when it is not shown or hidden.
In this section:
To go to the settings panel click on the button "Show settings" and a new window will open.
Display form on
In this section, you can choose which URLs, your form to show to customers and which not.
If you do not add any URLs, the form will be displayed on the entire website, ie on each page, and will be hidden when someone fills it out.
1. The first option allows you to show the pop-up to all users, even those who have already subscribed. The CloudCart AI identifies each user, so it knows which user is a subscriber and who is not.
We recommend that you do not enable this option, but only show the pop-up form to "new" users who have not subscribed.
2. In the fields shown on the image below, you can add the URLs where you want the pop-up form to appear and where you don't. For example, if you want this to be your homepage, add the appropriate URL. You can add more than one URL.
If you want to show the pop-up of all the pages of the categories, for example, you do not need to add their URLs one by one, you can do so by putting an asterisk at the end of the URL - https://yourdomain.com/category/*. This will display a pop-up on all category pages.
If you don't want to show pop-ups on the checkout or cart pages, then add their URLs in the "Don't show on" fields. As mentioned above, if you do not add any URLs, this means that the form will be displayed anywhere on your site.
In this section, select when your subscription/announcement form you want to start displaying. You have three options:
- Immediately - this option is selected by default. The form will be displayed as soon as the user is on the specified page on which the pop-up is selected to be displayed.
- Time on Page - if you don't want the pop-up form to be displayed as soon as the user opens your web page, you can choose when to display it depending on the time spent by the user on the specified page.
- Exit Intent - the pop-up will be displayed when the user tries to leave the page.
In this section, you can control when to stop displaying the pop-up form to the customer. "Stop displaying after closure" means that the pop-up will not be displayed after the user has closed it.
There are two options here:
- Stop displaying forever - the form will no longer be shown to this user.
- Stop displaying for a certain number of hours or days - this means that if the customer closes the form and goes to another page where the form should normally be displayed again, he will not see it. This option is useful to avoid annoying some customers by seeing the same form repeatedly, within a short period of time.
In the last section, you can choose whether to verify the subscribed users or not. If you don't want to verify users and select the first option it means that all subscribed users would skip the verification process. Keep in mind, that in that case, you cannot be sure that the email addresses users enter are real and valid.
If you choose to send a validation email link to every new subscriber, you can also edit the email template.
If you want to check that your settings are correct and the pop-up form is displayed according to the settings, you can do so in incognito mode on your browser by opening one of the URLs you set to display it.
How to create pop-up forms see here.