In this section:
Fan Courier is an exclusive member of EURODIS network in Romania, one of the main mixed delivery networks in Europe. EURODIS network connects 35 countries through local members, benefiting of their large knowledge upon that respective local logistic market. The activation of Fan Courier services in your CloudCart store is easy and can save you a lot of time and efforts. Owing to the integration, you will have everything you need to manage both orders and deliveries from the administration panel of your CloudCart store. You will be capable to automatically submit bills of lading, calculate the shipping value and fulfill every order that enters your store with just a few clicks. Follow the steps below to successfully activate and set up this service.
1. To activate Fan Courier services in your store you need to log into your admin panel, go to App section > All apps, and install the Fan Courier application.
2. Once you've installed the app, you will be directed to a page where you have to enter your credentials from your contract with Fan Courier. When you sign the contract, you will receive these credentials for activating the module in your store (Client ID, password, and username for accessing shipping provider service). All the credentials should be valid in order to proceed to the settings page. Tap the Connect to FanCourier button and don't forget to enable the app from the ON/OFF button in the upper right corner of the screen.
1. In the first section, you can change the name and the logo of the shipping provider by selecting another file to upload from your computer.
2. In the second section you have to enter the Sender data (Sender name).
3. Choose the type of services - in this section, you can choose services that you would like to offer to your customers.
Here you have to select all the services you have chosen to activate in your Fan Courier account when signing the contract. All the services that are included in your contract must be listed here. You can get more information about each of the services from your Fan Courier representative.
4. Select service types - to an address and to an office.
In this section, from the drop-down menu, you need to select the pricing method for shipping to an address or/and shipping to an office. By activating both options, your customers will be able to choose whether to receive their orders at an address or at a courier office. Fan Courier has several offices in Romania so you can activate this option, but in most cases, they make deliveries directly to the customer's address.
The options described below are the same for both types of shipping:
- Fan Courier calculator - will automatically calculate each delivery according to the pricing conditions of Fan Courier and the products' weight. For that reason, аll your products must have parameters such as weight, width, height, length entered in order to be able to calculate the volume weight. Based on that volume weight, the couriers calculate their pricing. See more here.
- Fan Courier calculator + processing fee - will automatically calculate each delivery according to the pricing conditions of Fan Courier and will add an additional processing fee that you have entered in the appropriate field.
- Fan Courier calculator + Free delivery - will automatically calculate each delivery according to the pricing conditions of Fan Courier and will automatically set a free delivery above the amount of the order specified in the empty field. From the drop-down menu choose which of the services to be used for Free city delivery and which for intercity delivery.
When choosing to give customers free delivery, keep in mind that the shipping cost to Fan Courier is always at the expense of the sender (merchant).
We advise you to activate Fallback price. Тhis is the "backup" shipping price that is applicable to the first three pricing methods (Fan Courier calculator/+ processing fee/+ free shipping. With Fallback price the orders in your store will be able to be fulfilled, even if the supplier's calculator does not work properly or the connection to the system cannot be established. When you enable this functionality, you have to set a backup shipping price that will be activated as needed.
- Fixed value by price without Fan Courier calculator - choosing this type of service, you must manually fill in the value of the shipping according to the final price of the order.
You also have the option to set different price conditions for different product categories. To do this, enable the option from the button ON/OFF.
- Fixed value by weight without Fan Courier calculator- choosing this type of service, you must manually fill in the value of the shipping according to the weight of the products. Here you can also set different price conditions for different product categories by activating the ON/OFF button.
- Fixed value by price and weight without Fan Courier calculator - this type of service is a combination of the previous two:
When choosing a Fixed Value without an Fan Courier calculator, keep in mind that the shipping cost that have to be paid to FanCourier is always at the expense of the sender (merchant). If you choose the pricing to be done with FanCourier calculator, you can choose which - the sender or the recipient to take delivery.
In the next section, you can set the regions to which this shipping method applies or choose to apply it globally from the ON / OFF button. If you turn off the button, from the drop-down menu you should select specific shipping regions that you have created in advance (in our help articles you can find out what Geo zones and Geo polygons are for and how to apply them correctly).
This shipping method will be valid and will be visible to customers only for the specific region (s) for which you have chosen to apply. For customers who ordered from other regions, this shipping method will not be visible in the checkout.
In this section, you can choose whether this shipping method is applied globally as it applies to all payment methods you have activated in your store (ON/OFF button) or to be applied only to certain payment methods from the ones you have configured in your store (you can select them from the drop-down menu).
Settings for receiving the shipment
In this section, you can easily enter default values for parameters such as weight, width, height, length for all products that do not have this data entered. This will make it much easier for you because you will not have to enter the parameters for each product separately in order for the volume weight to be calculated later. See more about how we calculate volume weight here.
- Options before payment: Open before payment - if you enable this option it means that customers can open and see their orders before payment. But pay attention that the "check at delivery" option can be used only if the payer of the shipment is the SENDER.
- Default weight for one item - enter the default weight for a product. If you have not entered a weight for a certain product, the system will take into account the weight specified in this field.
- Default width for one product - enter the default width. If you have not entered a width for a product, the system will take into account the width specified in this field.
- Default length for one product - enter the default length. If you have not entered a length for a product, the system will take into account the length specified in this field.
- Default height for one product - enter the default height. If you have not entered a height for a product, the system will take into account the height specified in this field.
- Who pays the shipping cost - select the sender or receiver to be the default payer. Of course, this also depends on your choice of the type of service you have chosen. If you have selected a fixed value, then the receiver cannot be the default payer. Also, if you have specified "free shipping" above, again the default payer is the sender, even if you have selected the receiver in this field.
- Enable cash on delivery - you can enable this option if you want your customers to be able to pay for their orders upon delivery.
- Declared value of the shipment - enable this option especially if you sell expensive or fragile products. Adding insurance can increase the shipping cost.
- Choose a content description - this can be the product name, barcode, or SKU.
- Saturday delivery - if you want you can activate deliveries on Saturday, but this will increase the shipping cost.
- ePOD - this is electronic proof for delivery which is applicable only for specific services from Fan Courier (Standart, Red Code, Express Loco, Freight Forwarding, White Goods >30kg, White Goods <30kg). It allows the replacement of the AWB in A5 format with the label prepared by the sender. ePOD is used mostly for online stores, where there are large volume deliveries.
- Automatically set order status to paid - this is a really handy feature, especially for a large number of orders, which automatically set order status to paid when the order is already shipped and the payment has been made.
This is all you have to do to configure this shipping method in your store and start fulfilling your customers' orders.