In this section:
ACS Courier is the biggest Greece company for courier services which has more than 350 offices and practically provides 100% coverage on the territory of Greece, Cyprus and Albania. The activation of ACS services in your CloudCart store is easy and can save you a lot of time, funds and efforts.
1. To activate ACS Courier services in your store you need to log into your admin panel, go to App section > All apps, and install the ACS Courier application.
2. Once you've installed the app, you will be directed to a page where you have to enter your credentials from your contract with ACS Courier. When you sign the contract, you will receive six credentials that you need to activate and configure the module in your store (Company ID and password, Billing code, Username, Password, and API key). All the credentials should be valid in order to proceed to the settings page. Tap the Connect to ACSCourier button and don't forget to enable the app from the ON/OFF button in the upper right corner of the screen.
1. In the first section, you can change the name and the logo of the shipping provider by selecting another file to upload from your computer.
2. In the second section you have to enter the Sender data - Sender name, Location of sender - here you need to fill in the name of the city from which you will send your shipments, and the postal code (5 digits).
3. Choose the type of service - to an office and to address
In this section, you need to select the pricing method for shipping to an address or/and shipping to an office from the drop-down menu. By activating both options, your customers will be able to choose whether to receive their orders at an address or at a courier office.
You can set a lower value for delivery to an office or make it free over a certain amount, for example. By applying such marketing tricks you will be more flexible and competitive. This will attract more customers to place orders in your online store.
The options described below are the same for both types of shipping:
- AcsCourier calculator - will automatically calculate each delivery according to the pricing conditions of AcsCourier
- AcsCourier calculator + processing fee - will automatically calculate each delivery according to the pricing conditions of AcsCourier and will add the processing fee that you have entered in the appropriate field
- AcsCourier calculator + Free delivery - will automatically calculate each delivery according to the pricing conditions of AcsCourier and will automatically set a free delivery above the amount of the order specified in the empty field.
When choosing to give customers free delivery, keep in mind that the shipping cost to AcsCourier is always at the expense of the sender (merchant).
We advise you to activate Fallback price. Тhis is the "backup" shipping price. With Fallback price the orders in your store will be able to be fulfilled, even if the supplier's calculator does not work properly or the connection to the system cannot be established. When you enable this functionality, you have to set a backup shipping price that will be activated as needed.
- Fixed value by price without AcsCourier calculator - choosing this type of service, you must manually fill in the value of the shipping according to the final price of the order.
You also have the option to set different price conditions for different product categories. To do this, enable the option from the button ON/OFF.
- Fixed value by weight without AcsCourier calculator- choosing this type of service, you must manually fill in the value of the shipping according to the weight of the products. Here you can also set different price conditions for different product categories by activating the ON/OFF button.
- Fixed value by price and weight without AcsCourier calculator - this type of service is a combination of the previous two:
When choosing a Fixed Value without an AcsCourier calculator, keep in mind that the shipping cost that have to be paid to AcsCourier is always at the expense of the sender (merchant). If you choose the formation of the price to be done with AcsCourier calculator, you can choose which - the sender or the recipient to take delivery.
In the next section, you can set the regions to which this shipping method applies or choose to apply it globally from the ON / OFF button. If you turn off the button, from the drop-down menu you should select specific shipping regions that you have created in advance (in our help articles you can find out what Geo zones and Geo polygons are for and how to apply them correctly).
This shipping method will be valid and will be visible to customers only for the specific region (s) for which you have chosen to apply. For customers who ordered from other regions, this shipping method will not be visible in the checkout.
In this section, you can choose whether this shipping method is applied globally as it applies to all payment methods you have activated in your store (ON/OFF button) or to be applied only to certain payment methods from the ones you have configured in your store (you can select them from the drop-down menu).
Settings for receiving the shipment
In this section, you can easily enter default values for parameters such as weight, width, height, length for all products that do not have this data entered. This will make it much easier for you because you will not have to enter the parameters for each product separately in order for the volume weight to be calculated later. See more about how we calculate volume weight here.
- Default weight for one item - enter the default weight for a product. If you have not entered a weight for a certain product, the system will take into account the weight specified in this field.
- Default width for one product - enter the default width. If you have not entered a width for a product, the system will take into account the width specified in this field.
- Default length for one product - enter the default length. If you have not entered a length for a product, the system will take into account the length specified in this field.
- Default height for one product - enter the default height. If you have not entered a height for a product, the system will take into account the height specified in this field.
- Who pays the shipping cost - select the sender or recipient to be the default payer. Of course, this also depends on your choice of the type of service you have chosen. If you have selected a fixed value, then the recipient cannot be the default payer. Also, if you have specified "free shipping" above, again the default payer is the sender, even if you have selected the recipient in this field.
- Enable cash on delivery - you can enable this option if you want your customers to be able to use this payment method as well.
- Add insurance to the shipment - enable this option especially if you sell expensive or fragile products. Adding insurance can increase the shipping cost.
- Delivery on Saturday - if you want you can activate deliveries on Saturday, but this will increase the shipping cost.
- Reverse documents - enable this option if you require any reverse documents for your deliveries.
- Require a protocol - enabling this option means that you are requiring a protocol from ACS Courier for every order. This option is based on your contract. You should have a specific agreement for that.
- Choose a content description - this can be the product name, barcode, or SKU.