Activating Stripe as a payment method allows you to enable Apple Pay - a popular payment solution for making purchases online.
Apple Pay offers an express checkout for your customers. They don’t have to enter manually their payment details, all they have to do is to scan their fingerprint and the payment provider receives that information directly from Apple Pay.
Please note, that to enable Apple Pay you must have SSL certificate activated for your domain and your store have to meets Apple's requirments for incorporating Apple Pay on your website.
Activate Apple Pay from your Stripe account
- Go to your Stripe dashboard
- From the main menu choose Settings
- From the Product settings section > Payments, select Checkout settings
- Enable Use Apple Pay from the Customize checkout section
- To verify your domain, return to Settings and select Payment methods from the Product settings, tap Configure Apple pay.
- Place your domain name (e.g. name.cloudcart.com) and click Add to verify it. You do not need to download the verification file (step 2), just place your domain in the appropriate field and click the Add button to verify it.
Apple Pay button is available only on Safari browser and would be seen by the customers if they are using iPhone SE, 6, 6 Plus or newer, Apple Watch, MacBook Pro with Touch ID, Any Mac model 2012 or newer or iPad Pro, Air 2, mini 3, or newer. If the customer is using a Safari and an Apple device, but still does not see the Pay with Apple button, he may not have added a card to his Apple wallet.
Please note that if you edit / replace / add products that participate in already paid orders or change the applied discounts, this may lead to a discrepancy in the amounts.