In this section you will find information on how to set up your shopping cart so that you can maximize your sales by encouraging customers to take action and finalize their orders. As well as get the information you need about them for order processing or marketing purposes.
To customize the way orders are finalized according to the needs of your business go to the admin panel of your store, Settings > Cart and checkout. When you enter this section, you will find several subsections with settings for each part of the order finalization process. View and customize the following settings:
In this article:
Cart and checkout settings
Through the Cart and checkout settings section, you can customize your order finalization page by changing the logo in the shopping cart section, activating animations for better conversions, and attracting user attention.
1. Checkout logo – In order not to distract customers in your store, your checkout page does not contain a header (the top of the pages in your store). Instead of a header, you can upload a logo to your store that is displayed on this page and that returns customers to the store's homepage when clicked.
2. Enable button animations – Enable this option if you want to direct your customers' attention to the buttons (such as "Save and Continue") that are pressed to proceed to the next steps to finalize orders. When the option is activated, the user's attention will be more focused on the buttons to continue the process of finalizing the order. The buttons will move for a second to attract the user's attention if he has not yet completed his order.
In the Customer accounts section, you can set your settings to prompt customers to create an account when finalizing orders.
1. Verify customer accounts – If you choose to request verification, after saving the email when ordering, customers will receive an automatic email to confirm their email addresses.
2. Customer profiles – Choose whether only registered or only unregistered customers can place orders from the online store. Choose both if you want both types of customers to be able to order.
3. Convert guests into members – If you enable this option, all users who have not logged in to an existing account and have not registered, after finalizing the order, will receive a password in their email and thus will be converted into registered customers.
4. Show product price only for logged in users – If you select this option, all prices will be automatically hidden for users who have not registered and have not logged into the store with their accounts.
5. Require shipping address on registration – This option obliges customers to fill in a delivery address upon registration.
6. Require billing address on registration – This option requires customers to enter a billing address when they sign up for your store.
In the Processing orders section, you can set all the options related to the orders, which control what the predefined fields that your customers need to fill in to complete an order will be.
1. Abandoned cart reminder - If you activate this option, all customers whose orders remain unfinished for more than an hour will receive an automatic email with a notification and a link to their incomplete order.
2. Send abandoned cart reminders via - Select the communication channel to remind your users of their abandoned carts. We strongly recommend that you select only one reminder method.
3. Send abandoned reminder in (minutes) - Select the time after which the first abandoned order message will be sent. We recommend that the interval between abandoning the order and the reminder message be at least 60 minutes.
4. Ask for a shipping address for digital products - If you sell digital products, activate this option in case you want your customers to fill in a delivery address.
5. Automatically select the shipping option if it is only one - If there is only one supplier (one activated courier service in your store) and it returns only one delivery price, activate this option to enable this delivery method. delivery to be selected by default. This saves one click for your customers.
6. Minimum amount for an order - Here you can set a minimum value for order completion. If the value in the cart is less than recorded in this field, the user will not be able to complete his order.
7. Maximum product quantity of a kind per customer - Here you can set the maximum purchase quantity for one product. For example, if you fill in the field with 3, your customers will not be able to order 4 pieces of the same product.
8. Maximum cart quantity of a kind per customer - if you wish you can set the maximum quantity of the products in the cart that can be added in one order if the nature of the products you offer requires it.
9. When the total quantity of a product decrease, send me an email - If you enter a value, the system will automatically inform you by email when a product being tracked has exhausted its quantity below the number you specified.
10. I want to decrease product quantity when the status is - this functionality allows you to set a rule for when to automatically reduce the quantity entered for your products.
- Pending / Fulfilled- If you select this option, the number of your products will be reduced the moment customers place an order with the respective products. Even if the chosen method of payment is by bank transfer or cash on delivery (that is, you still do not have payment immediately after the order), the number of products in the order will be automatically reduced.
- Paid / Fulfilled - If you select this option, the number of products in the order will be reduced when you process the order and enter it to fulfill the products. If the order is paid online, the number of products in the order will be reduced immediately.
11. Choose a default shipping type (optional) - If the delivery method you have set for your store has more than one type (for example, to courier office or/and customer address), use this option to select the default delivery type. The delivery type you select here will be redefined and selected by default for each customer who finalizes an order.
12. Choose a default shipping provider (optional) - If you have more than one delivery method activated, use this option to select which of the active courier services to be redefined (selected by default for each user) in the checkout.
13. Choose a default payment provider (optional) - If you select a default payment method, when finalizing the order (in the checkout) this payment method will be selected for each user.
14. Order number - choose from the drop-down menu which number your customers should see - A system number or A string of numbers and letters.
Additional fields settings
Use the last two sections in the shopping cart settings to finalize all the options and customize the checkout in your online store according to the needs of your business.
To give your customers the option to enter an invoice address other than the delivery address, turn off the ON / OFF button. If it is enabled (as the default), your customers will not have a field in which to enter invoice address data. If you turn off the button, you can set which invoice data fields are required or optional to fill in or not visible at all.
These settings allow additional control over the various options in your store. Through them, you can hide the cart, add a dynamic map from Google Maps, as well as direct the customer to the desired page.
1. Show cart icon at the header - If you enable this option, the shopping cart icon will be displayed at the top (header) of your store.
2. How to display the bubble - From this option you can choose if the cart bubble shows the number of unique products in the cart or the total quantity of products.
3. Hide Google map in addresses - If you enable this option, your customers will not be able to use the Google Map to fill in their shipping address more easily and quickly.
4. Google Maps API key create a new API key - You will need a Google Maps API key if you want to use address hinting and map preview.
5. Action after customer clicks on the "Buy now" button - Use the drop-down menu to select what happens in your store when customers press the button to purchase a product.
- Forward to the checkout page - the checkout page will open automatically as soon as the customer clicks the buy button. He will see the checkout immediately and will be able to directly start finalizing the order.
- Forward to the cart page- your customers will be redirected to the cart (it can be opened as a side menu if you activate the next option). In this way, in the cart, customers will be able to make changes to the order, close the cart or proceed to the checkout.
- Show confirmation popup - your customers will see a pop-up window where they can choose to continue shopping or proceed to checkout.
- Do nothing- if you select this option, the only indication that your customers have added a product to the cart will be the number of products added to the cart icon in the header (if the icon display option is enabled)
Continue with the settings below:
5. Show "Cart page" as a side panel - this option will only work if in the previous step you selected the action after adding to cart to be "Send to cart"
6. Merging carts - enabling this option, means that the current shopping cart will be merged with an old one saved in the customer's profile after login.
7. Payment methods - from here you choose which payment methods to be active when creating orders from the admin panel. You can select from all methods that you have configured in your store.
8. Hide the "I accept marketing" checkbox - if you plan to send marketing messages to your customers, leave this option disabled. This means that customers will have the option to choose whether they want to receive such messages.
9. Please choose the static page which contents your Terms of Service - This page will be visible when the order is finalized and customers will have to accept the conditions written in it to complete the order.
10. Add additional pages- Select this option if you want to add more static pages from the "Add" button, with content that your customers need to agree to before finalizing an order.
Learn about Cart and Checkout: Additional Field Settings here, as well as Cart and Checkout: Processing orders here.