In this article, you will learn how to install and use the Upsell & Cross-Sell Apps
What is Upsell?
The Upsell aims to make the primary purchase more expensive by upgrading the product or the discount. For example, if the client is ready to buy a product from your online store, you can apply Upsell, and the offer would present to the client a higher grade of the same model at a slightly higher price. The customers are willing to buy the better product if the price difference is "bearable" for them.
The question remains then: What is a "bearable price"? One that justifies the value of the product. EG, the better the product, the more likely the customer will be to buy it. However, it is worth noting that the price of the new product should not exceed the price of the old one by more than 25%.
Types of Upsell
1. Upsell with a similar product
It is suitable for products that have a long-term investment as a technique, for example. Take a laptop for example. If your customer liked a particular laptop model, you can offer him a higher class with more functionality, and respectively, a higher price. What's important here?
* Describe in detail the characteristics of the laptop you will offer - its advantages
* The price is tempting, however, it must not exceed the price of the selected laptop by more than 25%
* Think about the marketing text that will make your customer look at the laptop you offer him. It needs to be catchy!
2. Upsell with a discount
Suitable for products that are used daily - such as clothing, shoes, cosmetics, nutritional supplements, etc. Take cosmetics for example. If your client liked a hair shampoo or face mask, you can offer him a second product (shampoo or a mask) with a specific discount. Initially, the customer does not intend to buy a second product, but this offer is "irresistible", which you, as a merchant, are provided with extra profit. The opportunity for the client to take advantage is great, especially if it's a regular one. So what's important here?
* Differentiate your clients to "new" and "regular" so that you can offer a discount that will appeal to the particular client and at the same time will be a good option for you;
* The discount can also be in the form of "free shipping"
* Think about the marketing text that will make your client literally snatch the discount product!
3. Upsell with an additional service
Suitable for products that need support. If you go back to the example with your laptop - instead of a better laptop, you can offer support for the discount laptop. Additionally, you can offer both a better laptop and discounted support at the same time. The second option is "double Upsell". Surely you can think of other combinations to get the customer to spend more money and at the same time get extra value from the final purchase. What's important here?
* Knowing the products in-depth and what additional services can be offered
* Having the option to actually offer a different service for each individual product
* To think about a catchy marketing text, which will seduce the customer to explore the new option you are offering.
What is Cross-Sell
Simply put, Cross-Sell is a sale of similar products, that have a logical connection to the product selected by the customer. If the Upsell is aiming to offer a product that is an upgraded version of the one chosen by the customer, the Cross-Sell offers a product that is an addition to the chosen ones.
Always offer your client the possibility of side-by-side products because in many cases they have not realized they would need them. With this marketing tool, you can increase your sales, while the customer is pleased that you have pinpointed as an important and needed product. The Cross-Sell gives information to the customer that you also offer these products, and this is a guarantee that he will remember you when he needs them. Take advantage of the fact that cross-sales are not perceived as annoying by the customer!
Types of Cross-Sell
1. Additional cross-selling
This is the most common version of Cross-Sell and is related to the offer of an additional product that complements the value of the product selected by the customer (for example, if the customer wants to buy a phone, you can offer him a phone headset)
2. Seasonal cross-selling
In this type of Cross-Sell, take into account the time of the year the customer purchases the product. For example, if you want to buy a toy in December, you can also offer wrapping paper, as it is very likely that the toy is planned as a Christmas present.
3. Promotional cross-selling
This Cross-Selling option directs customers' attention to products that are currently in promotion at your online store but still related to the product the customer has chosen to buy.
Upsell and Cross-Sell as new CloudCart functionality
As a CloudCart client, you can now use Upsell and Cross-Sell for free. What you need to do is connect your products to their matching products and select the page where the Upsell or Cross-Sell is displayed. The best option is for this page to be the Product Page or Check-out page, as if the customer has added many products to the cart, it would not be wise to display Upsell and Cross-Sell for each one.
Steps to install and use Upsell and Cross-Sell on the CloudCart platform
1. First install the APP from your control panel > Marketing > Cross Sell & UpSell
2. There you would find the Cross and UpSell actual offers and the option to make new ones.
3. You can then create a new offer
4. Afterward, you can list all offers, as shown:
* You are then ready to manage your UpSell and Cross-Sell promotions!