The Customer custom fields or just custom fields is a functionality in the Customer section that allows you to collect more data from your clients. For example: You can request gender, age or other data that maybe a required information for your business.
How do I add a custom field?
1. Go into your admin panel > Customers > Custom frields > Add new custom field from the top right-hand corner.
2. Once you click on Add new custom field, the General settings menu would appear:
* Field name (for internal use) - add a field name for internal use
* Field name (visible at the customer account) - the name you place in this field will be visible in the store
* Field is required - choose whether you want the custom field to be mandatory
* Choose a field type - select the type of field you want it to be respectivly
* You can check the example below:
* This is how it would appear in your store's checkout:
Subsequently, the data collected can be used to segment audiences by different metrics. For example, you can make a targeting campaign for all female users between the ages of 20 and 45.