Sameday is a courier company that specializes in providing rapid and efficient shipping solutions. They continually strive to enhance their services through innovation, all the while maintaining their unwavering commitment to ensuring customer satisfaction. With high percentage of orders delivered on time and innvative services like delivering to a network of own automated lockers, Sameday is a good addition to the store of every CloudCart merchant striving to provide excellent customer services for his clients.
In this article:
- Fallback price
- After you activate the switch to the "ON" position you can set your fallback price parameters.Service type to locker
- Shipping regions
- Payment provider
- Additional settings
- Settings for receiving the shipment
- Change service names
Activating your CloudCart store integration with Sameday and making the required settings is easy. You just have to follow the steps in this article.
To activate Sameday courier services in your store, log into your admin panel, go to App section > All apps, and install the Sameday.
Once you've installed the app, you will be redirected to a page where you have to enter your credentials from your contract with Sameday courier. When you sign the contract, you will receive these credentials for activating the module in your store "Username to connect to Sameday" and "Sameday connection password"). The credentials should be valid to proceed to the settings page.
Tap the "Connect to Sameday" button.
Also, don't forget to enable the app from the ON/OFF button in the upper right corner of the screen.
Add the Name of the courier and change the Logo if it's needed.
Please be aware that you should have access to the services you have chosen to activate in your Sameday account when signing the contract. You can get more information about each service from your Sameday representative.
Service type to address
Now it's time to set the "Service type to address" field. First, you have to activate the switch to the "ON" position.
Now it's time to choose the type of pricing for the Service type to address.
Here you have the following options to choose from:
- Sameday calculator - will automatically calculate each delivery according to the pricing conditions of Sameday.
- Sameday calculator + processing fee - will automatically calculate each delivery according to the pricing conditions of Sameday and will add a processing fee.
- Sameday calculator + free shipping - will automatically calculate each delivery according to the pricing conditions of Sameday and will automatically put free delivery above the amount of the order specified in the empty field.
- Fixed price without Sameday calculator - you can set a fixed amount for shipping, estimated by cart total to address. You can also set different pricing ranges and values for them (by using the "Add new row" button). Also, keep in mind that if you leave the "Value" field empty, then the shipping will be free.
- Fixed value by weight without Sameday calculator - choosing this type of service, you must manually fill in the shipping value according to the order's weight. You can also set different pricing ranges and values for them (by using the "Add new row" button). Also, keep in mind that if you leave the "Value" field empty, then the shipping will be free.
- Fixed value and weight without Europe calculator - here you can set a fixed amount for shipping by cart total and weight of the products to address. You can also set different pricing ranges and values for them (by using the "Add new row" button). Also, keep in mind that if you leave the "Value" field empty, then the shipping will be free.
Fallback price - this is the "backup" delivery price. Through it, you allow your orders to be completed, even if the supplier's calculator does not work properly. When activating this option, you must set a "Fallback" delivery price that will become active when needed.
After you activate the switch to the "ON" position you can set your fallback price parameters.
If necessary, you can also set Set different shipping prices based on the product categories to address.
Service type to locker
For "Service type to locker" the methods to calculate and/or set the rules for the final shipping price are the same as for the previous delivery method - "Service type to address".
The rules mentioned above for the "Fallback price" are also valid for this type of delivery.
Important: When you enable "Delivery to a locker" customers will be able to select this option at checkout. If you have Google Maps integration enabled, then the map on the payment page will display possible vending machines that can be selected.
You can choose to offer different prices and conditions for the service type to address, service type to office and service type to locker. You can also set a lower value for delivery to an locker or make it free over a certain amount. This way you will stimulate your clients to choose the delivery to a locker, which might be the most cost efficient for your store and is also the most eco-friendly variant. Learn more about the benefits of delivering to a locker in this blog post.
In the next section, you can set the regions to which this shipping method applies or choose to apply globally from the ON / OFF button. If you turn off the button, from the drop-down menu you should select specific shipping regions that you have created in advance (in our help articles you can find out what geo zones and geo polygons are for and how to apply them correctly).
This shipping method will be valid and will be visible to customers only for the specific region(s) for which you have chosen to apply. For customers who ordered from other regions, this shipping method will not be visible in the checkout.
In this section you can choose whether this shipping method is applied globally and is applied to all payment methods you have activated in your store (ON/OFF button), or to be applied only to certain payment methods (you can select those from the drop-down menu).
In this section, you can add all of the require additional settings, such as:
- Default weight for one item - if you do not enter a value, the system will set it to the value you previously set.
- Default length for one item
- Default height for a product
- Default width for one product
- Choose a sender address - you can choose from the addresses you specified when concluding the contract with Sameday.
- Define the Package Type - Package, Small Package, Big Package.
Settings for receiving the shipment
Here you can activate two types of additional options - Cash on Delivery and Insurance.
Change service names
You can also change each service name with something that will provide the most clarity for your store's customers. It is important to show them as clear and simple descriptions as possible at the storefront.
Using the so-called "micro-copywriting" approach is a strategy that can increase your sales. In the above example, you can name the services in a clear and action-motivating way. Instead of "Delivery to a locker", you can use "Get your parcel quickly and easily delivered to a locker". The idea is to use the small fractions of text scattered throughout your store to guide users towards completing an order and improve their user experience. To learn more about the power of micro-copywriting, read this blog post.
With that final setting, you can click the save button at the bottom of the page and your integration with the Sameday courier is ready to be used.