1. The first thing you need to do to start accepting payments through some of these greek payment providers is to go to your bank and sign a contract with them. They will provide you with all the necessary data (Merchant ID, Digest Secret) to integrate this payment provider into your store. You should also receive a link and username and password for their merchant administration panel where you can see your settings and future transactions.
2. Then, log into your admin panel > Settings > Payments and select CardLink from the providers’ list > Configure.
1. After entering the settings window, first fill in the name of the service (by default, it is CardLink, you can add text or change it, e.g 'pay with credit/debit card), and you can upload another logo for this service, e.g. Visa/Mater card logo, so your customers know how they can pay in your store.
2. In the description field you can add some informative text about this payment service.
3. In the next section, Test mode, the Live Mode button needs to be deactivated if you want to use the payment method in test mode, in which to simulate making transactions. As soon as you activate the button you will start receiving payments from all your clients who have opted to use this payment method. By default, the test mode is enabled. You should have different credentials for the test and live mode given by the bank.
4. In the fourth section, put the credentials you have received from your bank and choose the payment getaway you are using from the drop-down menu, as well as the currency you are working in. The currency you select corresponds to the currency of your bank account. If your store's currency is different from the one you have selected here it will be converted afterwards.
The Worldline is a global fintech company which aquired Cardlink and Cardlink aquired Nexi.But customers who operates with one of the three companies can choose the corresponding payment getaway, while there is still no general solution.
In our case, we are revealing a Nexi integration which gives us the ability to login into the Alpha bank merchant administration panel, because Nexi is working currently with Alpha bank.
Here you can see your Merchant ID. The Digest Secret is provided to you additionally by the bank, it is not available here.
Nexi is a global Greek provider that works with several banks, but in this article our focus is Alpha bank.
5. Acceptance of payments based on the amount of the order - in this section you can set a minimum and maximum order amount at which this payment method is active and visible to the customers.
6. Discount when paying with CardLink - you can give a discount (specific amount, a percentage or free shipping to your customers to encourage them to use this payment method.
Once you are done with the settings, hit the 'save' button.
Make a test payment
Go to the storefront, add some products to the cart and go to the checkout.
When you enter the necessary data (name, address etc.) and select this payment method from the payment provider's list you will be redirected to the corresponding payment page.
When you enter the test card, if everything with the integration works smoothly you will see a message that the payment is successful.
From the Order section in your store's admin panel, you can check the payment as well and read the date that is coming from the payment provider: