By default, CloudCart comes with a built-in server that takes care of your email delivery. However, if you prefer to have your own branded SMTP with your own email address, quota, etc. you can configure a custom SMTP server through the application in your CloudCart store. With this app, you will be able to send personalized emails using your own domain email address.
The SMTP server application and configuration requires knowledge of what a SMTP is and how it is used. It is an advanced option. If you do not have the necessary knowledge, it is recommended to use the SMTP that comes with your CloudCart store.
Configure a custom SMTP server
1. Go to your admin panel, Apps > All apps, and choose Own SMTP server application.
This app requires payment on an annual basis.
2. Once you have installed the app you will be able to see the settings section. There are some blanks you need to fill in in order to use the SMTP option.
- Hostname - add the address of your mailing service provider.
- Port - add your port number, depends on the provider.
- Username - In most cases, this is the email address of the account you want to use.
- Password - add your mailing account password.
- Encryption - this field is also mandatory, from the drop-down menu select the encryption depending on your SMTP server configuration. In most cases it uses SSL. There are SSL, TCP, and TLS.
Once you have filled in the required fields, activate the application from the corresponding button Activate - ON/OFF.
Note that, if you add non-existing or wrong credentials, the system will show a message that it failed to connect to the SMTP server:
So, check once again your credentials and enter the proper ones.
Once you finish the configuration of your own SMTP, it will appear as a new sender option. You can use it for email campaigns, as well as for any other email messages that you are sending to your customers.
If you choose to use a custom SMTP server for your emails, you need to enter your new email adress from which the SMTP server will send emails in the General Settings section in your admin panel.