In this section:
About & Usage
Easily and in just a few clicks, the Google Sheets app allows you to renew a large mass of information in your CloudCart online store.
Google Sheets is really useful if you have multiple products and want to modify their inventory, description, prices, etc. in minutes. You can quickly make bulk changes to the prices, quantities, weight, or products’ names, shipping, track quantity, continue selling directly from Google sheets.
You can update the contents of the following table columns: SKU, Barcode, Product name, Meta title, Short description, Description, Meta description, Brand, Category, Shipping, Track quantity, Continue selling, Price, Discount price, Quantity, Weight, Tags, Images, Supplier ID, Store ID.
This application can save you a lot of time. Instead of crawling all of your products manually to change their price, for example, you can easily do so by exporting all of your products to Google Sheet and making the desired changes to a selection of products or your entire catalog. The file with the exported products is always named CloudCart Products.
You can take full advantage of the functionality of Google Sheets by using formulas, sorting, selecting only certain products, using filters, etc.
However, there are some things to keep in mind when working with the app.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES do not change the values of the Product ID and Variant ID. Also never change the name of the variety! Here, if changes are made, the entire rows will be ignored on subsequent synchronization, and if they are removed (left blank), the product will be created again.
Аlso be careful when it comes to SKU and Barcode columns. Do not change the identifiers as this will affect synchronization with other applications if you have any.
These columns are colored orange in the photo below.
You can rearrange the columns if you want to arrange the ones you want to make changes next to each other but NEVER rename the column headings.
1. Log into your admin panel, from the menu choose Apps > All apps.
2. Select Google sheets from the app list and install it and sign in with your Google account.
3. You will see two sections - Settings and Tasks. Select Settings to configure the file settings for export.
- Select discount - if you add a discount for a specific product in the table, this discount will be credited to it.
- Filter by product group - you can select a group of products to export (by category, manufacturer, specific products).
- Select columns to export - only the selected columns will be exported in the table.
For column Variations will be exported: Price, Quantity, SKU, Barcode, Variant 1,2,3, Variant values 1,2,3, Weight.
If you want to export columns for 'Discounts', 'Local Pick Up' or 'Units', you need to have the appropriate app installed and select the Variations column for export because these apps are at the level of variation, not product.
4. When you are done with the settings click on the Upload to Google Sheets button in the upper right corner of the screen to export your product catalog in Google Sheet where you can make bulk changes. Below you will see a message that your file is ready.
5. Click on the Open the spreadsheet in Google Sheets button to open the file you have created.
- Product: You can create a new product; each new product needs to be on a new line, and the Product ID and Variant ID fields must be empty. Only basic products can be created, without variants.
- Manufacturer: If you enter a manufacturer that does not exist in the Brand field, it will be created in the store and the product will be credited to it.
- Category: If you add categories that do not exist, they will also be created and credited to the product. The delimiter for categories is '>'. They need to be added with a delimiter in the following way: Clothes > Men's Clothes > Jeans.
- Discount: If you want to add a discount to a product/variant, you need to fill in the discount price field with the discounted price of the product.
- Tag: You can add tags by using the delimiter ','. Even if they do not exist in the store, the tags will be created.
- Image: You can add new images to the product by adding the URL address of the image. Uploading images with a new URL does not happen immediately, it may take some time. Even if you delete the URL address of an uploaded image, it will not be deleted.
- You can credit a product to 'Store' or 'Supplier' by filling in the Store ID field for store and Supplier ID field for supplier with the respective ID.
- The possible values for Shipping, Track quantity, Continue selling are only yes and no.
6. Once you've made your changes, just go back to your admin panel, and click on the Download from Google Sheets button in the upper right corner and the product catalog in your store will be updated immediately!
Because the app token is valid for 60 minutes, if you do not finish working with it within this time, you will need to log in again after 1 hour.
7. From the Settings tab you can see the spreadsheet ID and also open the file.
Google Sheets supports histories, so you have backups and you can revert anytime the modifications made in your catalog with no time limit. If for some reason you make wrong modifications and the information is synced incorrectly, you can easily revert a previous version by using the Google Sheets backup function (History).