In this section:
Adding an existing domain
1. First, log into your domain registry and create a CNAME record pointed to your official CloudCart domain, for example - [storename].cloudcart.net. The CNAME record is abbreviated to "Canonical Name" and is used when you need to point a subdomain to another domain or subdomain. The address to which the redirect is done is also called a canonical or real address. In addition to [store name].cloudcart.net you can create a CNAME record point to www. This way, no matter how the user types your domain in the browser with or without www, the page will open.
Keep in mind that these types of changes sometimes may take up to 48 hours.
2. Then, log into your admin panel, from the menu, choose Settings > Domains, and click on the Add existing button.
3. In the window that opens, enter the name of the domain you want to add and click the Submit button.
You can manage all domains and subdomains from the Settings > Domains menu. In this section you can:
- Set a domain as primary using the Set as a primary button.
- Manage the SSL certificate of the domain.
- View the date the domain was created.
If you've purchased the domain name from CloudCart, you just need to make it a primary one. Additionally, you'll have the option of controlling the DNS records. Don't hesitate to read more about it here.
If you have difficulty adding your domain, do not hesitate to contact us.