In this section:
- Branding the store
- Standards and formats
- Store Details
- Maintenance status
- Processing Orders
Before you start selling products online, you need to make sure that all the basic settings are entered correctly. In this menu of your store, there are four main sections that allow you to make changes to data. We will go through them one by one in this article so sit back and just follow the steps.
Branding the store
There are four major sections here that allow you to make major changes to your store data and are essential to the functioning of major sections of your online business.
- Store Logo - The location of this important part of your brand and business in the look of your store depends on the design you choose. Use the box to upload your logo as the allowed file formats are: jpeg, jpg, jpeg, gif, png, SVG
- Store Favicon - The Favicon is a small image that appears next to the site title in any browser. It helps your customers identify your store and gives it an identity. The allowed file types are: jpeg, jpg, jpeg, gif, png, SVG
- Invoice logo - The logo you upload here will be displayed in the invoices that will be issued by your control panel.
- Email logo - The logo you upload here will be displayed in all automated emails your store sends to your customers.
Standards and formats
Use this section to select formats from the drop-down menus for the relevant elements of your online business and store's operation.
- Date and time format - the selected formats will display the dates in your store (for example, the date and time of placing an order or posting a new blog article).
- Currency - any prices you enter in the control panel will be displayed in products, orders, and invoices in that currency.
- Unit system - all metrics will be displayed in this format (e.g. product weight).
- Storefront Language - your customers will see your store in the language selected in this field.
- Admin panel Language - you have the ability to change the inside of your store (i.e. admin panel/control panel) in a language other than your primary language.
- Customer name display - In this field, select from the drop-down menu the order in which your customers' names will be displayed. For example, orders or emails.
- Timezone - From this field, you can choose the timezone for your store respectively.
Fill in the fields with the required information. In the Copyright box, you can add more information, and if you are using a Business or Enterprise subscription plan, you will be able to remove the default and active "Show CloudCart information in the footer" box.
The email you fill out in this section will be the main for your store and you will receive all automatic notifications from the CloudCart system, including new store orders.
- Enable maintenance mode - This section allows you to restrict all access to your online store. Your site will not be visible to the public until you decide otherwise.
- Select a Landing page - Here you can choose a previously-created page, that would be the only one visible for the visitors of your site.
- Allow IP addresses - You can choose to allow access to a limited number of users by adding their IP addresses (comma separated), even if you have restricted it.
More information about the main settings of your store which you need to set up to start selling take a look at this article.
In this section, you can generate/regenerate an encryption key for the administrators session. When changed, all administrators will be logged out from the administration panel.
In this section, you can lock open orders for other administrators. If one administrator opens a certain order, it will not be able to be opened by other administrators for a certain period of time. The Store owner will be able to open that order before the interval expires.
In the Images section, you can set the aspect ratio of the photos you upload to your site. From the drop-down menu, you can choose between the Original Proportions and the Square. By default, all photos are uploaded in their original proportions.
In this section, you can choose how to mark your products.
- If you turn on the "Automatic marking as "New Product" option, then all newly added products in your store will automatically be marked as new for a certain time interval. In the next field, you can choose what this interval should be, ie after how many days to remove the label that marks the products as new.
If you mark an old product as new, it will also accept the label for the time interval you specify (e.g. 10 days).
- When you enable the "Automatic label removal "Recommended product" option after the time interval you specify (in the next field), this label will be removed from any newly added products to which you have added it.
Does not apply to old products that have a "Recommended" label. If you want to remove the label of some of these products you need to do it manually.
In this section, you will be able to choose whether to enable the admin bar, which provides information when you log in to the storefront as an administrator. This bar appears at the top of the screen and has "to the administration" and "log out of the administration" buttons. Keep in mind that when you log in as an administrator, your store may be slower due to cache deactivation.