In the age of social networks, Facebook is used for both personal contacts and business. Facebook allowed the integration of a product catalog (feed), and the CloudCart team was already prepared with the integration!
In this section:
- First step
- Selection and product settings for Facebook catalog
- Connect CloudCart with Facebook
- Creating a store on Facebook
- Add the catalog to Facebook
1. Create your own Facebook Business Manager account.
* Here you can read about the steps to create it: Create a Business Manager
Creating an account is free!
To be able to sell on Facebook, you must have Business Manager.
Selection and product settings for Facebook catalog
1. Log in to your CloudCart Admin Panel > Apps > Facebook Dynamic Ads
2. Install the app and select the products you want to be displayed.
Here you can find detailed information about the settings of Facebook Dynamic Ads.
3. After you set up Dynamic Ads, you will receive the link which you will need when creating a feed:
Information about the number of products that will be included in your XML feed, as well as the number of products that your plan allows, will be displayed. If the number of products in your XML Feed is large, you can increase your quota from the corresponding button. (The button is visible only if the number of products the XML feed needs to generate exceeds the number of products included in your package)
For the StartUp plan 5000 products are included, for Business - 2 500 products and for the Enterprise plan - 10 000.
Activity status gives you information on whether the app is active. If the app has stopped working for some reason, a reactivation button will appear, from where you will be able to start it again.
Connect CloudCart with Facebook
Go to Facebook Product Catalogs and create a new feed by following the steps below:
1. Select E-commerce
2. Select Upload Product Info, you can name the catalog as you wish
3. After creating it click "View Catalog"
4. Then, it will redirect you to the following menu, you need to go to "Data sources"
5. Next, select the second field - Data Feed
6. Then, you will see a window that will ask you if you are ready to upload your spreadsheet or file. Choose the first option - Yes.
7. Choose the Use a URL option and place the XML feed in the blank field
8. Choose how often you want the feed to update
9. Confirm the settings and upload the file
- Enter Data Feed Name: Here, you choose the name for the catalog
- Add a Data Feed URL: Here, your enter the Dynamic Ads link we created earlier
- Set a Schedule: Through this option you select how often your product catalog to be updated
- Select Default Currency: You choose the Desired Currency from here10. You will then see the following window while your product catalog is uploaded to the account
You are done! Now all you have to do is create a store on Facebook!
Creating a store on Facebook
1. In Commerce Manager from the menu on the left select Shops
2. In the next step, choose Facebook
3. Choose the checkout on another website option4. Choose the page where you will sell or create a new one
5. Connect you store with a business account or create a new one
6. Choose the product catalog that will visualize in your store
7. Choose which countries or regions you will ship to
8. You can change any of the settings before completing the store configuration
9. Finally, the following window will pop up telling you that your account will go through several checks before being approved. You can publish your store, but it will only be visible when all checks have passed.
Add the catalog to Facebook
1. To visualize the store go to the the main menu of your Facebook page, select More > Edit Tabs and activate Shop if it is not currently enabled
2. You can move the tab upwards with Drag & Drop so it is seen outside the drop-down menu
3. Then, the desired products from the catalog are displayed successfully when you select the Shop tab!
Facebook requires a new type of verification with HTML code. Go to the My Store > Themes section and add the HTML code provided by Facebook to the Custom CSS/JS button. It would look like this:
<meta name="facebook-domain-verification" content="123456789" /> 123456789 is just an example. Your code will look different.
After saving your changes, wait at least 24 hours to attempt verification.
Congratulations, now you are also selling on Facebook!