In this section:
Facebook Dynamic Ads is an extremely useful marketing tool that will help you increase your sales. Through this application, Facebook promotes the products you offer to users who have visited your store and are interested in your products. All you have to do is upload your product catalog and set up your advertising campaign once, and then Facebook will continue to work for you, finding the right customers for each product, always showing the current prices and quantities from your online store.
Important! Facebook requires a new type of verification with HTML code. Go to the section My Store > Themes and in the Custom CSS/JS button add the HTML code submitted by Facebook. It would look like this: <meta name="facebook-domain-verification" content="123456789" /> 123456789 this number is only an example. Your code would look different.
After saving your changes, wait at least 24 hours to attempt verification.
To create dynamic product ads on Facebook - Dynamic Ads you need a Facebook Product Catalog Feed. This is a file that contains information about each of the products you choose to advertise. Each line of this file contains enough information to make your dynamic product ad on Facebook. The file is generated dynamically and you don't have to upload it to Facebook every time you make changes to your products.
The XML product catalog is updated every 12 hours.
By marking your products as new, products on sale, etc. definitions, you can submit "custom labels" tags to Facebook, for easier grouping of your products according to the set criteria. This type of tag is generated automatically after you mark your products with the appropriate label. I.e, if you mark your product as "new" with the label "new", it will be added to the custom label, if you mark it with the label "sale", it will be added to custom label 2. To custom label 3 will be added all products with other type of tags. custom_label_0 => (new|)
custom_label_1 => (featured|)
custom_label_2 => (sale|)
custom_label_3 => (tags,tags,tag)
Generate a product catalog
1. Log in to your control panel, in the Apps > All Apps section, select Facebook Dynamic Ads, and Install the application from the corresponding button.
1. From the drop-down menu, select which products to include in the product catalog that you will provide to Facebook and use for dynamic ads.
2. Filter the products you want to be added to your feed by choosing whether to include only products in stock or all products.
3. In the next step, you can choose whether to include the hidden products in your store.
4. We advise you to add UTM tags, through which you will be able to analyze the results generated by the product catalog (feed). UTM tags are additions (parameters) to the URL that are used to exchange additional information without changing its main purpose - to point to an Internet resource.
5. You can put the Facebook Pixel ID in the last field of the settings. You don't have to paste the entire Facebook Pixel code, i.e. 432543676657523.
Once you save the settings your link will be generated soon. In the Settings > Queues jobs section, you can keep track of when the task was last completed and when will be next update This task starts every 12 hours.
You will see information about the number of products that will be included in your XML feed, as well as the number of products that your plan allows. If the number of products contained in your XML Feed is higher, you can increase your quota from the corresponding button. (The button is visible only if the number of products that the XML feed have to generate exceeds the number of products included in your package).
500 products are included for the StartUp plan, 2,500 products for the Business plan and 10,000 for the Enterprise plan.
Activity status gives you information about whether the application is active. If for some reason the application has stopped working, a reactivation button will appear, from where you will be able to start it again.
CloudCart has Google Taxonomy for defining product categories. So, you no longer need to "map" (sync) the categories in your store with those on Facebook in the FB Dynamic Ads app. You can do so directly when creating the categories in your store in the Products > Categories section. By classifying your categories with the International Classifier of Categories, your product catalog will automatically become compatible with all services using this Classifier. * When using Facebook Dynamic Ads or Google Merchant, your categories will need to be classified according to this standard. Here you can see more about how to define the categories in your store (Taxonomy). If you can't find the exact definition for some of your categories, it means that they don't match the industry of your online business that you set in the initial settings when you created your store. In this case, you can go to Settings > General Settings and add another main branch.
How to upload your product catalog to Facebook
Once the product XML feed has been generated, you need to copy and paste it into Facebook. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.facebook.com/products, Add catalog and select the type of your catalog.
2. Select Upload Product Info, add product using a data feed, enter a name for your catalog and press the button Create.
3. Go to View Catalog to add products.
4. Select Get Started with Dynamic Ads.
5. Add products
7. Use Bulk Upload
8. Scheduled feed
9. Paste the copied XML feed here.
10. Specify the settings for updating the catalog.
11. Set the currency to be used by default if it is not contained in the file.
12. Click the Upload button. Your products will start uploading.