In this article you will see detailed and specific steps for creating and managing the categories in your store. Also pay attention to adding properties to your categories because this is a way to avoid countless subcategories and a way to present to your customers clearly ordered and filtered information about the range of products you sell. The product category is a simple way of organizing and grouping your products.
The product category is a simple way of organizing and grouping your products. A well-organized, easily accessible store is the key to attracting customers and selling more products.
Creating a category
Log into your control panel, from the menu choose Products > Categories > Add category
Inside you will see the following fields, which need to be filled in for your category to be added successfully.
1. Write the name of your Category in the input box under Name. Writing the Category Name will automatically fill the URL handle (the site address) on the right side of the screen.
2. Write a Description for your Category so that your Customers can see detailed information about it. The description text can be configured with styles, different fonts, different formats, etc.
3. Write the SEO page title of the Category in the input box under SEO Title.
4. Write the SEO meta description of the Category in the input box.
5. In Subcategory, you have the option to add the current Category to be within a "Parent" one.
6. Upload an Image of your Category by clicking on Select File, and pressing Submit.
7. Choose which industry your online store is. This field is mandatory.
Description and Title
Adding properties for categories
When you go to Products > Categories you can easily create, rearrange, supplement, and sort your product categories. Product properties are a very useful feature especially if you have a large number of products that you want to split into different types of the categories themselves. Creating properties of categories allows your customers to quickly and easily filter the types of products they are looking for.
For example, if you have a large number of products in the Headphones category, it would be good for your customers to be able to choose headphones by type, color, or other options. In this case, you need to create the properties type, color, other options, and their values:
1. Go to Products > Categories and find the Category to which you want to add these properties.
2. Press Properties and add the necessary information in the new window.
- Properties - here you need to write the name of the Property, for example: Type, Color
- Values - against each property you need to write the names of its values, for example: if your category is Headphones, and the property - Color, the values can be Red, Green, Blue
3. Click Save and now you will be able to define the property and the value for each product you create.
Going to My Store > Categories allows you to:
1. Easily Arrange all Categories by:
Rearrange each Category by dragging and dropping where you want it to be.
Move each Category to a different Parent Category by dragging and dropping it into the Category in which you want it to be.
2. Quickly Review the number of your Subcategories and Products included in them:
The number of your Subcategories is visible on the left side of the Parent Category name. You can click on the + sign to see the Subcategories included in the main category.
The number of products in each Category and Subcategory is visible on the right side of their names.