The product category is a simple way of organizing and grouping your products. A good organized, easily accessible store is the key to attract customers and sell more products.
Creating the category
Log into your control panel, from the menu choose Products > Categories > Add category
Inside you would see the following fields, which need to be filled in order for your category to be added successfully.
1. Write the name of your Category in the input box under Name. Writing the Category Name will automatically fill the URL handle (the site address) on the right side of the screen.
2. Write a Description for your Category so that your Customers can have detailed information about it. The description text can be configured with styles, different fonts, different formats, etc.
3. In Subcategory, you have the option to add the current Category to be within a "Parent" one.
4. Upload an Image of your Category, clicking on Select File, and press Submit.
5. Which industry is your online store? - this field is self-explanatory, just match the category in question, with the proper label.
6. Write the SEO page title of the Category in the input box under SEO Title.
7. Write the SEO meta description of the Category in the input box.
Going to My Store > Categories allows you to:
1. Easily Arrange all Categories by:
Reorder each Category by dragging (drag and drop) to the place wanted.
Move each Category to a different Parent Category by dragging into the Category wanted.
2. Quickly Review the number of your Subcategories and Products included in them:
The number of your Subcategories is visible on the left side of the Parent Category name. You can click on the + sign to see the Subcategories included.
The number of products in each Category and Subcategory is visible on the right side of their names.
Here, you can check out what the Product Properties are.