Settle is a leading mobile payment platform in Europe and since the end of 2020 it is already on the Bulgarian market. The company offers a technology for mobile wallets which are generally a card connected to a mobile device with which electronic and POS payments are made. Mobile payments are becoming an increasingly popular payment method among consumers worldwide because with them they can pay with their preferred source of funds, in any situation, via mobile phone, regardless of brand or mobile operator. With Settle, you can provide your customers with convenience and flexibility upon payment and increase your sales.
In this section:
To integrate this payment method in your store, you first need to create a business account in the Settle platform.
1. Go to https://settle.eu/ and select For Business from the header or go to business.settle.eu.
2. Then click Boost your business now and follow the steps to sign up for business.
3. After successful registration, log in to your Settle account and go to Integration from the menu on the left to create your API keys.
4. Click the button to add an API key, name the key of your choice, select the Generate API keys option and click Add.
4. You will then see the Private RSA key field, as well as your X-Settle-User and X-Settle-Merchant numbers, which you must later place in the admin panel of your store to make the connection with this payment method and enable it.
5. Log in to the admin panel of your store, Settings > Payments section and select Settle > Configure.
6. In the Name of the service field you can put a text that suggests to your customers that by choosing this payment method they will be able to pay for their purchases via their mobile phone. Example: "Pay with your mobile Settle wallet". In the Logo field, you also have the option to upload another photo/logo.
7. In the next Test mode section, the Live mode button must remain disabled if you want to use Settle in a test environment in which to simulate making payments. As soon as you check that everything is alright you can enable the button and start accepting payments through Settle from all your customers who have chosen this payment method.
8. In the Settings section, enter the X-Settle-Merchant, X-Settle-User and Secret RSA Key given by Settle when you create an API key.
9. In the next section Acceptance of payments based on the amount of the order, you can set a minimum and maximum order amount at which this payment method is active and visible to the customers when they choose this payment method.
10. In the last section Discount when paying with Settle you can give a discount (specific amount or percentage) to your customers to encourage them to use this payment method.
11. Once you're done with the settings, click the Save button and you already have a new payment method to offer to your customers.
Payments with Settle
If your customers shop from a desktop, Settle will generate a QR code that will be used to transfer information to their mobile device. To do this, they need to scan the QR code with the Settle app on their phone or tablet.
If customers shop on a phone or tablet after they click Complete Order, Settle will detect the mobile device and offer a deep link that will automatically open the app from their phone, or if they don't have the Settle app, they can download it from the red button.
That's all you need to do to integrate Settle as a payment method in your store and make the popular mobile payment platform accessible to your customers.