Google Tag Manager is a free tool that allows you to manage and deploy marketing tags (snippets of code or tracking pixels) on your website without having to modify the code. If you are unfamiliar and want to learn more, visit this page for detailed information on Google Tag Manager.
How to create a Google Tag Manager account?
1. Follow this link.
2. Click on the button Sign in to Tag Manager in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Then a blank page will open, you need to click on "Click here to create an account" field. Follow the steps (completing an account name, country, your store name and a target platform) as described by Google to create your Tag Manager account.
4. After completing each field and accepting the Google Terms of Service, you will see a popup window with the Google Tag Manager code. CloudCart is now integrated with Google Tag Manager so you don't have to search where to copy all the code. All you have to do is find the ID in the code, which you can see displayed in the photo below:
You can also find your ID by clicking on the All Accounts section of the account you have already created in Google Tag Manager:
How do I link Google Tag Manager to my CloudCart store?
1. Copy the ID, mentioned in the guide above
2. Go to your admin account > Apps > All Apps > Google Tag Manager
3. Paste the ID in the empty field as shown below:
4. Click Save and you are all set!