The Instagram social network does not allow linking in posts, which is very important for any online store. However, there is an opportunity to create an Instagram store that allows the products to be tagged in the photos. Tagging is actually a link that leads to your CloudCart online store. This increases the chance for the user to buy the product you like right away or your pixel to detect it and subsequently be able to remarket it.
Creating the online store in Instagram
1. Make sure that your Instagram account is Business instead or personal and your products meet the sales requirements of the social network.
2. In order to activate an Instagram Business Account, please follow those steps:
3. You can link your Instagram business profile to a Facebook catalogue and page and because Instagram downloads information about your products, specifically from that catalogue.
Make sure you create a Facebook store and add the product catalogue to Business Manager-Facebook.
To use tags, select the e-commerce catalogue.
Sign up for Instagram shopping
Once your account and catalogue are linked, go to the Instagram app to sign up for shopping. Please follow these steps:
1. Go to your account settings, click Business, and then Shopping on Instagram.
2. Follow the steps to make sure everything is OK and submit your account for review.
It usually takes a few days, but it can sometimes take longer. You can visit Shopping in Settings at any time to check the status of your review.
3. Once approved, you will receive Instagram notifications to complete Shopping in Settings, in order to begin tagging products in your posts and stories.
How to tag your products
1. Select "tag products" and choose the photo to tag the products as you would if you tagged a person.
2. In the search bar, enter the product name in the photo. Select the product you are tagging and then move the tag of the photo to the correct location.
Instagram will download all product catalogue information from Facebook, including the link to your site from the photo.
3. Go back to step 2 again if this does not work for you. You can add up to 5 product tags per photo as well as up to 20 tags for a multi-image post.
4. Start creating posts by selecting the "tag products" button to tag posts to any of the products in your catalogue.
5. Once you have tagged your products, click Done and Share, and the name and price of the product would appear on your photo, and when clicked, the link will take the customer directly to your online store. This way you will quickly increase your sales by making it easier for your customers to shop. Good luck!