MailChimp is a platform, created for one single purpose - Marketing. It is one of the leading email platforms and is used by millions of customers worldwide. Our technical team was able to esbatlish an integration by linking it to CloudCart, so now you have the ability to use MailChimp as an application in your online store.
Mailchimp is one of the most used platforms because it offers the following advantages:
1. Automatically synchronizes store customers, their orders, and the products they order. Hundreds of different email marketing strategies can be made using this information.
2. MailChimp's Forever Free account is ideal for start-ups or those who are starting out in email marketing.
* You get a list of 2000 subscribers and a monthly limit of 12,000 emails for Free! It is easy to create and offer low-risk introductions in the email marketing world.
3. MailChimp is super user-friendly and flexible. The platform is even designed for marketers with no technical experience, so anyone can send professional-grade emails without the need of marketing training!
4. The platform is full of useful features that make your life easier.
* Segment Lists
5. Excellent support! MailChimp's customer service is at an extremely high level! Their staff is very helpful - you can contact them with any queries and expect a fantastic, fast-and-friendly response. Instead of offering free accounts with no support options as a way to get people to subscribe to their paid services, MailChimp has actually made freemium a key part of their business model.
Important: If the application is subsequently installed, even though you have clients who had registered beforehand, they will be synchronized and transferred to Mailchimp accordingly.
How do I connect my store with MailChimp?
1. Go into your control pannel > Apps > All Apps > MailChimp
* After installing the application, log into it and you will see the integration module:
* The instructions will forward you to MailChimp's official site:
2. Click "here" and you will be redirected to the official site where you will need to register:
* You can checkout a step-by-step guide for creating an account in MailChimp below:
3. After creating an account, you must complete the following fields:
VI. This step is optional.
4. Inside your account you will see the following pages:
I. You can fill in your personal information or click in the upper right corner of the account as shown in step II.
III. You will find the Extras > API keys menu in your Account.
IV. In API keys click on Create A Key and a key will appear.
5. Creating mailing lists
Once the application is activated, it is imperative that you create mailing lists in your MailChimp account - one for all customers who already have orders, and one for all who have subscribed to the newsletter. Then, in your Store's Control Panel, select the appropriate groups in the two boxes that will automatically appear in the drop-down menu.
* MailChimp List:
6. Once you have your mailing lists, place the corresponding API key in the blank box in the CloudCart application, and click the Save button and then Activate.
You now have an application and client database activated that is built into your MailChimp account. You can now get started on expanding it by activating the Newsletter (MailChimp) widget from your store control panel. Through this widget, you control the type of newsletter, and how you direct your users will subscribe and receive newsletters from your store.
How to set up the MailChimp Widget?
1. From the My Store > Widgets > User > Newsletter (MailChimp) you can control the appearance of the format in which users will save their emails.
2. From this page you can choose the following options:
* Turning ON/OFF the Newsletter (MailChimp) - Enable/Disable the newsletter.
* Newsletter title - The name of the newsletter.
* Description - Respectively the description of the newsletter.
* Showing the form at the footer - Activate a simple newsletter form that will be visible at the bottom (footer) of your page.
* Automatically display - This is the other option for displaying your newsletter. Once enabled, the newsletter sign-up form will open automatically on your store page as a pop-up window:
* Delay (Seconds) - If the Automatically display option is enabled, this option allows for you to choose, how many seconds may pass before the newsletter is displayed on your site.
We encourage you to use and enable both forms, as this increases your chance of collecting more emails from more users.
Click Save Extension to start collecting even more information about your client base and creatively use MailChimp to create successful marketing campaigns.
If you enable the auto-newsletter format for your store through a popup, keep in mind that every user who visits your store multiple times during the day will see the window only once. Re-displaying this form depends on cookies and cache in users' browsers.