Google Analytics gives you the ability to track visitors to your online store, generate reports, and thus help you build better marketing strategies. The information you will see will be available in your Google Analytics account.
How to Create a Google Account?
To create your Google Analytics account, you will first need a basic Google Account. If you already have a Gmail account, you will be able to use it; if not, create your Google Account here.
In order to activate Google Analytics, follow those steps:
1. Sign in to the homepage of Google Analytics and click the Sign in to Analytics or Start via the free link in the upper right corner of the page.
2. Afterward, click Website and fill out the form. Put down the primary domain of your store.
3. Click on Get Tracking ID at the bottom of the page to complete your registration.
*The Tracking ID is the one you need to add to your CloudCart store settings to be able to retrieve all needed data. Copy the code from your account and sign in to your store's Control Panel.
Placing the Tracking ID in your store
1. Go into your admin panel > Apps > All Apps > Google Analytics
2. Then you place the tracking ID into the empty space accordingly:
3. Click on Save and you are all set.