Sales reports allow you to track how your store is performing by analyzing your orders and how these are processed (shipping, payment, etc.). It is an important tracker that you should keep an eye on to monitor how your business is doing.
General Report Functionality
Go into your control panel > Reports > Sales report
You can create, save, and use filtering functions that immediately restrain what specific data sources and ranges you want your data to be displayed. For more information about filters, please verify this article.
2. Report Title
This is the report title and main category of the report.
3. Report Type
This allows you to dynamically change the type of chart and the data being displayed on it. You can show your report title based on several types: time (hour, day, month, etc.), categories, countries, etc.
4. Chart controls
You can dynamically change the output of the chart display; each button can control a specific setting, as described below:
- View In Table: Allows you to display all data from the chart in a table format.
- Line filled display: Shows the chart in a filled line display (area)
- Line display: Shows the chart inline display format.
- Histogram: Displays your data in a histogram (line bars) format
- Date Range: Allows you to change the date range for the source data.
The actual chart displaying the data points based on your previous selections. You can click each entry point or dynamically drag and drop the area to change the ranges of selection.
6. Main Performance Indicators
Main performance indications that you should track for each specific report type.
7. Table view
A table view of the details of each entry that contributes to the data being displayed on the chart.