CloudCart provides the opportunity for Customer Segmentation. This option allows you to divide your client groups and use a wide array of marketing tools for specific targeting of those groups.
Usage, Suggestions, and Examples
1. What can Customer Segments be used for?
- Through this action, you can create multiple user groups (segments) and bundle them together by common criteria.
- The purpose of segmentation is to distinguish a segment of users for your marketing campaigns.
- By segmenting, you'll be able to market a lot of users contextually.
You can use up to 4 criteria at a time to create a single segment.
The criteria (conditions) available to you to create segments are:
- By order status
- By volume of revenue
- By number of orders
- By date of registration
- By date of last order
- Whether it accepts marketing messages
- By Country
- By Region (City)
- By Tag
- By customer group affiliation
- On products ordered by category
- Date of abandoned cart
- By communication channel
- By additional fields to the profile
Each segment you create is automatically updated with users who fall within its terms.
IMPORTANT: Each segment also has a unique URL address, where the data of users participating in it, is accessible. Never share this address publicly because it contains your clients' Names and Email Addresses. These lists are for your own personal use or the use of third-party applications to draw this information in your favour.
- If a segment of users placed an order exactly 2 days ago. Your message will be much more concrete. You can start your communication using known parameters such as "time". The start of your message can look like this:
Two days ago you placed your order in our store...
- When you define your segment criteria, you will be able to use it for different purposes. For example, you will be able to send messages via Messenger or Viber directly from the admin panel of your store. You will be able to use the marketing results through external applications and more.
Here are some ideas you might find helpful when creating user segments:
- Segmentation for customers who purchased merchandise more than 60 days ago and spent an amount greater than $ 100. With this segment, you will be able to reactivate customers who have purchased a while ago.
- Category X and Y Shopping - With this segment, you'll be able to create customized cross-sell targeting the specific client group.
- Messenger subscribers who have placed more than 0 orders worth more than $ 0 - this will allow you to screen out your important customers and write directly to Messenger with a specific proposal.
Creating Customer Segments
1. From your admin panel go to Customers > Segments
2. Click on Add segment and choose the name and type of the desired segment
3. After you add a segment and enter its name you can choose to have the option including the users who have made orders on your online store, to your segments.
4. Then you are taken to the Segmentation conditions menu, where you can choose from the different filters in order to
Once you've entered a name and selected the segment type, it's time to save it. Saving it will take you to a page for selecting criteria (conditions).
When you add all the conditions to the segment in real-time, you will see the result and if it suits you, you will need to save the segment.
5. After saving it, you'll be presented with a page with all the available segments.
- A unique encrypted link to remotely access the list of all users belonging to a given segment (1)
- Number of users participating in the segment at any given time (2)
- A button for changing the conditions of the segment (3)
- Deleting the Segment (4)
Changes to segment conditions take effect immediately. If you change the terms of a segment, it may be possible for the segment to participate in different campaigns, leading to illogical marketing messages.